1.09.2009

Before


Oh, and by the way, honey- in case you're interested someday, this is a picture of mama when she was 18 and living in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. I had not seen it before the other day when an old dear friend sent it to me. This is what your mama looks like without all those silly tattoos. But you know whats cool? I remember the moment that this picture was taken- I was sitting on a balcony in Mexico City writing in my journal and it was starting to rain. I can even show you exactly what I was writing because I still have this journal. But the cool thing is that as I was sitting there, unbeknownst to me at the time, I had a little unhatched egg in my young ovary that was YOU. Crazy, hu? I love that I have been carrying you with me for this long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard of your blog and your sweet Hazel last night, it hits very close to home as my Nicholas was born just 3 days after Hazel! I pray that Hazel overcomes all of her complications and is 100% very soon- thank you for opening your blog to us so we can be educated about the dangers of battery ingestion!

Melissa Voss said...

I just found out about your blog this morning and have read Hazel and yourself. I have a 4 month old baby boy who was born at 29 weeks and was in the NICU for 2 months. Although he did very well the whole time, it was still very scary. So, I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through. I am so happy to hear that she is hime and that she is pulling through. I want you to know that I will keep Hazel, you, and your family in my prayers.
I also want to thank you for opening up your blog and Hazel's story to so many of us so we can learn the serious danger of battery ingestion.