2.08.2009

Hi there friends,

As most of you probably know, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis back in September, when Hazel was just six months old (though my neurologists think that I have had it for much longer). It was a very difficult time for us, as the future is so uncertain with this disease.  It is easy to imagine all sorts of terrifying scenarios.  I have been on daily injections of the disease modifying drug Copaxone since my diagnosis, as well as taking advantage of many complimentary and alternative treatments.  I'm glad to say that I am in remission right now, but the next flare always is looming on the horizon.  At some point you just have to stop thinking about what the future could possibly hold and start to take action.  I'm still scared for the future, but I'm very hopeful that the cure is right around the corner.  Research is ongoing, and the past decade has seen amazing advances in treatment of the disease.  The MS of today is not the MS of fifteen years ago. 

So, that said, I figured it had been a while since I hit you all up for money and you were probably wondering what I've been doing with myself.  On April 4th, I'm leading a team in the MS Walk in Newburyport, Massachusetts.  Please help by making a donation - large or small - to create a world free of MS. Or, why not join me on the day of the walk?  Become a walker, and as teammates we can work together to raise the funds to make a difference.  Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Click here to make a secure, online donation on my personal page or to join me, Jamie and Hazel on the day of the walk in beautiful Newburyport! 

Thank you!

National MS Society
Central New England Chapter

1-800-344-4867

No comments: